Thursday 15 November 2012

9th November, chillaxing!


This week has been totally relaxing which is great! We are still accepting dinner from Justine every night instead of cooking for ourselves, it sure makes life easier as well as a lot more fun seen as we get to spend every night playing with the kids. They are so sweet and such great fun to be with. Kaka (I have been spelling her name wrong, oops!) has improved in her English loads since we have been here and even read me a book the other day! Granted it was one of those picture books with about 7 words on each page, but it is her second language, she is only 7 and she is managing to hold conversations with me, I am impressed and very embarrassed of how little I know. It is shaming that just because I speak the most common language I have never bothered to learn another! The other issue is, as much as I try to learn Lugandan I grow bored and the people here laugh at me when I speak any language other than English so I wonder why bother? No I really should make more effort!

Nothing really exciting has happened this week. Justine was away on Wednesday and Thursday and I honestly missed her a lot! Like, seriously! It seems so silly but she is now like my mum or my big sister on whom I depend and always want to be able to speak to. She is just so good at helping me when I am down and also told me that when she went to Britain she missed home so will always be there for me. I feel as if we have a really strong bond which I love! Moses was a little strange one night but I reckon that was because he is one of the busiest men in the world! I swear he is always rushing off to somewhere, today for example he is going to Kampala (3 hours away) to take some work for a man who lives in America then he will drive back tonight and probably have some sort of meeting to attend! I swear the man does not know what “chill out” means, worse than Dad!

There was something really exciting that happened this week, I genuinely cried with happiness when I heard the news and almost jumped onto Justine’s lap when we I went to tell her…MY DAD IS COMING!!!!!! I am so so so so so so excited!! He is going to come at the start of March so I have plenty of time to lose the weight I’ve gained (podgy tummy, sad face!) and to start collecting ideas for what we can do! In all honesty we probably won’t do much as it is a week but I am still overly excited about him coming! EEPP!!!!!!

Today we have Nathan, Freddie, Jen and Rachel all coming to stay. It is going to be a damn full house! But it will also be so much fun. We will probably just rolex it up tonight, not that I am that keen on them now, so I’ll probably have a load of chipatti’s, and then just chill back at the house with everyone. We might even venture along to our ‘town’ and see what the pubs are like, you never know where the night will take PT vols! However tomorrow we are going to be up early and off to the Sesse Islands for a night which will be spectacular! I cannot wait to see the islands and just spend a night by a camp fire, oh it’ll be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment