Friday 26 October 2012

Quickie

This is only a quick update to tell you all that I am actually alive! I still have no electricity at home therefore we have been longer without that with it, proud. I will try and get internet soon so that I can update you about the Kampala weekend, which was an adventure, the King coming, not that exciting right? School, the kids, Justine, home sickness and Jinja (that's where we are now!)

Last night we went to the source of the Nile which wasn't overly exciting but still a good laugh. We are visiting Phoebe and Sigrid at their project just now and took a trip up to Jinja which is a great place, in my opinion better than Kampala, however very touristy, never far from a white person! The source was really fun though, we went and had a cold beer while watching the sun set over the river before going into town and having an Indian! So good! Chicken Tikka Masala every time, right? 

Today I'm not sure what the plan is, but I am sure we will find some sort of adventure! We always do. Sigrid seems to think I am going to do some work out with her this morning, but actually I am going to eat a stack of pancakes with bananas and maple syrup, the healthy option since there is banana! Hopefully the sun will appear as it is quite cloudy and we can go swimming in the Nile, Bilharzia here we come! 

Hope everyone is well, everyone here is great! Our hosts are more our family than ever before taking us places, having dinner together and just generally always being together. It has really helped my home sickness as I swear Justine and Moses are just like Michelle and Kieth (sis and her hubby if anyone doesn't know) which although makes me miss them, also makes me feel like I have family here to look after me! Better dash, Holly keeps looking at the computer longingly, although I do like to think it is me she is looking at! 

No comments:

Post a Comment