Sunday 7 October 2012

6th October...last entry!


I told you I had a lot to catch you up on, don’t think we do nothing here in Uganda, we are crazy busy laughing and having silly adventures, work you ask? Sorry, not sure what you’re talking about! I seriously feel at a loss never having to use my brain, so thankfully now that Josie has left us I am going to be getting to replace Art with English! I shall actually have to think about lessons and even prepare an exam, the excitement is unreal! I shall no longer be moaning about shading or toning or whatever else I can think of!

Remember I told you about all of the bites we had? Well turned out our lovely friends the rats and bats had shared their friends the flees with us who had thought it would be fun to share our mattresses with us, of course they were so wrong and we quickly poisoned the hungry fellas to ensure they don’t try to bother us again, feels good knowing they were poisoned and that they died a horrid painful death after making us so itchy, sore and miserable! Not only have we had some house guests, but the other night when I went for my late night wee I noticed a cockroach chilling on the wall of my drop loo along with a friendly little lizard, I gave the grass my pee that night!

We have also had some great laughs with Moses and Justine! I cannot get over how welcoming they have been and how much they make me feel like I am part of the family! Justine comes over whenever she passes the house just to say hi or pass us the baby for a bit. She even came over the other night for us to chat and she helped us make dinner, and damn it was tasty! She is really practical too as she fixed our paraffin lamps which looked super grubby which gave us some lovely African light! She has been so welcoming and even gave me a slight hug when I said I missed my sister loads, I swear she is trying to be like a big sister to me which is really helping and making me feel a lot happier at times.

Moses is also hilarious! He came over on the morning we left to go to Masaka and climbed up into our attic to poison our rats which turned out to be bats and started chatting to them shouting “Hello can you hear me?” and “It’s only me, Moses, stop being so loud! Are you scared? You should be!” Now I know it may not sound too funny, but imagine you are standing downstairs and a black man has disappeared into your ceiling and is shouting these things, so damn funny! He has also come to make sure we feel ok and even let us charge our phones during church as they had a generator. Moses the legend and Justine my Ugandan big sister!

We are now in Masaka, however when I finally get round to posting this I will probably be in Kamapala as we are going there to meet up with the other volunteers and meet our doc for the year. I am also planning on taking full advantage of having a tap and washing some clothes while I am there! However while we have been in Masaka we have done anything but be quiet and reserved as we probably should be, not us though! Instead we have ridden a boda boda (a motorbike taxi) up to somewhere which was closed and then we wandered along the road ignoring all the “hey Muzungu” calls and laughing at some things which were probably not that funny. We then ended up dancing and singing our hearts out towards our hotel when a truck went past with a DJ on the roof blasting ‘Where is the Love?’ by Black Eyed Peas. Well I don’t know what came over us, but Holly and I ended up going crazy and dancing like mad. Seriously so much fun.

Anyway I must dash as I have been sitting here for about an hour typing up our adventures for the past week, mum will be happy now as in every call she has mentioned that I need to update my blog, I reckon her old age has kicked in and she has forgotten what no electricity means, and finally I have done it. I hope you are happy Mother because I am now bursting on a pee and going to have to persuade Holly that we should go down for a drink from the bar although it is way past our usual bedtime as it is fast approaching 9pm! Damn I am becoming a real party animal eh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment