Wednesday 5 December 2012

Hello Tanzania!!

Well it took 15 people in a 5 seater car, but I managed to get out of Uganda and into the wonderful Tanzania before I got into trouble for going over my 3 month visa. We then hopped into a matatu (always a fun experience) and got to Bukoba where we spent 3 nights. It really was quite lovely. We visited a museum of wildlife photography (that was dull, but I went with it) where I bought a bag and was given some scrap material to sew on my blanket. We also got rejected from a  super cool church about 3 times, I decided I was going to throw a strop if I went back again and they said no. And finally chilled on a beach! It was lovely. PLUS Rachel and I went and got a pedicure and manicure, therefore I am now showing off some nice green toe nails and finger nails with little flowers and feet on them. B-e-a-utiful!

However now we are MWANZA! No easy task I can tell you! Well, it was we just made a mistake when buying tickets to get here. We travelled over the lake by boat, which would have been lovely had we not all been a bit merry in the afternoon and then had an over night boat meaning we could see nada when we looked out the window. Another thing which was only a lot annoying was that we were constantly being blasted by the horn of the boat, sleeping proved difficult for me last night!

Anyway, we are here now and have so many exciting plans, but I think I might just keep it under wraps for now, mainly because we have no clue of the plans ourselves yet, so that you can all stay sitting on the edge of your seat until the next installment! I must tell you though, I have just typed this up on one of the oldest computers I think I have ever seen! Plus the keyboard has arabic all over it! As well as that, I have become so skilled on a boda (pika pika in Tanzania) that I even managed a phone call with Greg, which wasn't the greatest since I was focusing on finding somewhere to get my nails done, sorry!

Speak soon, with love from a Ugandan girl in Tanzania (CRAZY!)

No comments:

Post a Comment