Wednesday 30 January 2013

SURPRISE!

As I am now sitting in Masaka after being home for only 2 days, I guess you can tell how boring the village actually is! It was really nice when I first arrived! While Caleb jumped on me as if I was Santa, Kaka stood staring at me as if she wasn't I was real or not, or maybe she was just shocked at how much weight I have actually gained, I mean I would be! It was when Elinah and Dan finally came in that I really felt at home. With Caleb already balanced on one knee and Kaka braiding my hair, Dan came over and took charge of the other knee while Elinah crawled over and grabbed my toe as if to say, "You better have missed me too Cleeton!" It was brilliant! I am definitely glad to be back with my kiddies again! 

However today I have come to Masaka again. I know what you're all thinking, "She just got back?!" but that is besides the point! I haven't been on my own laptop for over two months and I have a to-do-list the length of my arm! So I decided to take a few days in Masaka and cafe Frikadellen to shorten the list down to maybe the size of my hand. Although, all I have done is drink tea and play on facebook...it is also quite nice to get away for a few days myself though. I mean, yesterday I cleaned all of the house and prepared a shelf for Kate when she arrives so I thought I should treat myself (not that that's what I have been doing for the past two months or anything...) 

Yesterday I woke up at 7 and straight away got into my cleaning clothes (my dirtiest ones) and got on with cleaning the house. It was pretty horrid. I moved my clothes from one bag to the other and realised I have far too many items but I'll be damned if I stop shopping, then went to look at my back garden and almost burst into tears. Thankfully, James my helpful neighbour, popped over and saw the state the garden and myself were in and got into the back garden with a slasher to sort it out. To that, I owe him a cup of tea! I mean, I couldn't go to the toilet! I had to pee out the front and pray nobody looked when I squatting. I also got on my hands and knees and scrubbed our house floor until it was perfect. It still isn't that great but at least I feel I tried, I reckon we will make more effort now, not because we want to but because we have to. Four pairs of dusty feet in and out of the house every day will make a lot of mess!

In other news however MY BIG SISTER IS COMING TO UGANDA. To all those who knew and didn't tell me, you are good. I mean Michelle is possibly the worst when you tell her to keep a secret! I told her about a party once and she began to panic to the point I was wishing I hadn't told her. In the end someone else told Mum, but I'm sure Michelle would've broken eventually. Plus she has been getting jags and not called to cry about them, I must say, Michelle, you deserve an award!! (Woah, I used a lot of commas there!!) I am so excited about Michelle coming out! I can't wait to see her face at the sight of my beautiful 5 star drop toilet and my wonderful bat infested house! At least we now have some candles and in scents so you can barely smell them anymore! The one thing I am looking forward to the most though, is the biggest and best Big Sister Cuddle! It will be so good! 

I can't wait to see you both Michelle and Shrek. I love you millions.   

All my love

A very Happy Ugandan Girl. X

1 comment:

  1. Cannae wait my superstar child. Got all my injections a new mosquito net, spray, yellow fever certificate and bright clothes. Happiness!
    Shrek x

    ReplyDelete