Thursday 21 March 2013

Only a Little Message

This is only a short blog as I need to tell you all about something that has scared met his week. Of course I had a fabulous time with Dad and Michelle having crazy adventures and hearing on almost every road, "You know, I think this is the road in Top Gear." I'm still unsure which road it actually was seen as I heard it on every road! I will write a blog about the amazing time I had with Dad and Michelle and how much everyone in the village adored them, Justine said yesterday, "Jenny's muganda wange wa mulungi nyo nyo nyo" in other words, "Jenny's sister is so so so beautiful!" It was really nice to hear! Especially as I was able to translate it and the fact that Justine didn't think I could hear her! Honestly guys, it was unbelievable having you here! I have smiled so much at the memories and cried at missing you but never fear, I don't cry too much!

So this is about one of the bravest, 15 year old boys I have ever met who lives with Justine, Charles. On Wednesday morning he got up at his usual time to go and feed the animals. However this morning was very different as the pig was for some reason aggressive and when Charles tripped over a branch, instead of the pig running to get help (as I saw in a programme once) he went over and bit Charles. Charles is now in hospital with 2 sever cuts on his face. The pig had managed to bite through Charles' cheek and into his mouth from the corner of his eye down to his chin as well as on his head. 

Yesterday (Thursday) Justine asked me to take the day of school to go to the hospital with her as support, so of course I went. However I was not prepared for the emotional shock I would feel when I saw Charles. As soon as we walked in and he saw us he started to cry, which was horrible as I had only ever seen him smile so I walked over and gave him a cuddle, he then he took my hand and mumbled "I am happy you are here." I had to walk out of the room in fear of drowning him in my tears. I stayed with Charles for the majority of the day, holding his hand and making sure his blanket was over him. I just wanted everyone to know how brave Charles, a 15 year old boy, is being and to ensure you know how proud I am of him. He is like a little brother to me, so much so that he stole my ipod last night to listen to while he lay in bed. 

All my love

Your Ugandan Girl. X

No comments:

Post a Comment